Quick guides to jazz theory
Too quick? jazz theory for absolute beginners
Guitarists News, profiles, interviews and reviews of jazz guitarists
Playing Jazz Guitar Theory, notes on performance, playing and composition
Questions and Answers Bob Patterson answers your questions
- Q&A1: Simplify, Simplify. Why use modal names? are they necessary?
- Q&A2: Think of 'Scale Position' / Sing it! Fret coverage, and improving sight reading
- Q&A3: Sightreading / Altered Dominant 7th / Practice Routines
- Q&A4: Chord soloing
- Q&A5: Wes Montgomery / Transcribing / Archtops / Soundposts
- Q&A6: Playing Octaves / Tendonitis
- Q&A7: Summer Jazz Camps - Where to go for an intensive learning experience this summer?
- Q&A8: Bob takes on a variety of questions on theory, gear, and playing jazz guitar
Guitars Articles on guitars, amplifiers and other gadgetry